Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No spend. No happy.

Today is looking like a no-spend day, although not by choice! I had only a slice of toast today and was waiting for my boyfriend to get home at his normal time of between 2:30 and 3pm. He ended up not home until a little after 4pm due to a meeting he neglected to mention. Starving at that point, I suggested we go out to dinner. I had decked myself out in more make-up than I normally put on (he's one of the few men who likes when women get dolled up). Now, I'd like to mention that we rarely go out. We're talking once a month here, maybe twice. I've been in the house all day studying and was waiting for him to get home to eat. He ended up not wanting to go to dinner; he already ate a bunch at the meeting. Le sigh.

I feel bad that I'm so bummed out over this. I shouldn't be reacting like this. In reality, I shouldn't be spending the money anyhow. But, I really, really, really, really wanted to get out of the house. He offered that we could go after his homeowner's meeting, but I doubt he'll want to. Instead, I made myself a salad of lettuce, tomato, lemon and pepper. The fridge is rather bare. We just came upstairs to watch a movie and what is he doing? Eating Reese's he stashed in the freezer.

Grawr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. How many times has that happened to me? Oh, about a MILLION! :)

Don't beat yourself up about being upset about it; it's perfectly understandable that you put the effort in to dress up, anticipated his return and the going out, and then felt let down when it didn't happen.

At any rate, at least you saved some money.

VixenOnABudget said...

Heh. Well, we ended up going to dinner once he got back. I'm 100% sure he knew how bummed I was. Dinner ended up being awesome. We split an entree and an appetizer and both ordered water. While we weren't trying to save money, it just so happened that way!