Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Meal Planning

Cut down on your food costs by planning ahead. By plotting meals, you'll fatten your wallet and whittle your waist. Nancy Zimmerman is offering a twenty five dollar gift card to the person who is able to stick to their meal plan and the rules. For the record, I joined before she offered this! Heh. I'm doing this more for the health aspect than saving money; that will be a lovely side effect.

Rules: Participants can join at any time, although the gift card is only available to those who start on November 1st. Today is your last day to join! Furthermore, meal plans should be posted once a week. Since we are starting on Wednesdays, I'll most likely be posting on Wednesdays (possibly Tuesday).

Participants thus far include Wooly Woman, Laughing at Gilded Butterflies, 365 Days and I Will Be Debt Free, Nancy Zimmerman, and Random Thoughts of a Student of the Environment. Good luck, ladies!

Food Planning- First Week (11/1-11/7)

11/1- Thursday
B: Fruit, Whole Grain Toast, Nonfat Cottage Cheese, Decaf
L: Basil Mozzarella Portabello Caps
D: Leftovers, Italian Basil Salad w/Genoa Salame
S: 2 pc. Sugar Free Candy

11/2- Friday
B: Grape Nuts w/ Nonfat Milk, Decaf
L: Italian Basil Salad w/ Genoa Salame
D: Bunless Pepper Jack Burger with Pico De Gallo, Cabo Salad *
S: Vegetable Soup*

11/3- Saturday
B: Bacon Lettuce Wraps *
L: Artichoke Mushroom Chicken with Steamed Veggies*
D: Tortilla-less Chicken Enchiladas with Pico De Gallo, Green Leaf Salad
S: Chocolate Mousse

11/4- Sunday
B: Fruit, Breakfast Bruschetta
L: Leftovers of Enchiladas
D: Chicken Portabello with Steamed Veggies*
S: Vegetable Soup*

11/5-Monday
B: Grape Nuts w/Nonfat Milk, Decaf
L: Roast Beef Salad
D: Bunless French Dip with Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions, Green Salad*
S: Turk Creole Soup*

11/6- Tuesday
B: Smoothie, Whole Grain Toast, Nonfat Cottage Cheese,
L: Roast Beef Salad
D: Green Leaf Salad with Tuna
S: Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps, 2pc Sugar Free Candy

11/7- Wednesday
B: Fruit, Whole Grain Toast, Nonfat Cottage Cheese, Decaf
L: Roast beef Salad
D: Eggplant Parmigiana @ dad’s house
S: Decaf Breve Latte w/ Sugarfree Hazelnut (@ Starbuck’s w/little sister), Chocolate Mousse
*These meals are provided by my restaurant since I am in charge of the shift

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I want your menu :0 Sounds so yummy. My turkey sandwiches, chili and soups will most definatly pale in comparison, but I will try and get creative. Great job, I should have my menu posted this evening.

SavingDiva said...

Good luck! I wish I had that kind of planning skills!

VixenOnABudget said...

It took me about an hour of looking through recipes I want to try and figuring out what to eat for lunch. Lunch is the hardest time for me. Also, Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have to bring my dinner with me to school since I'm at school from 12-10pm.

Wooly Woman said...

Great meal plan! Wow you are first to post and I am inspired by some of those meals!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited! :) I probably won't be actually posting my plans until the weekend, b/c I'm spending the next couple of days eating out of the back of my cupboards, but I'm really jazzed about this.

Re: lunch, I usually do leftovers from dinner the night before, which usually works well for me.

Anonymous said...

yum! I'd love to hear what your recipe is for 'roast beef salad'. I've head of chicken salad, tuna salad etc., but not roast beef. Same kind of idea?

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I probably won't get anything posted until this weekend, because I haven't made a plan yet!

VixenOnABudget said...

Thanks for all the support!

@Nancy: The roast beef salad is just a salad with some roast beef thrown on top. :-D

Anonymous said...

Looks yummier than mine... but it's fun to try and to have some inspiration!

Alison said...

Wow I'm impressed with your meal planning skills as a college student! I always ate out when I was in college...and cooked mayyybe twice a week :(

VixenOnABudget said...

@alison: I've been WAY too busy lately to eat out. Like, ridiculously busy with school and work.