Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Joys of Money and Waitressing.

It's 12:30am and I just got home from work. I have to be back in ten hours. Grawr.

I typically make a hundred a night; tonight I did 1,000 dollars in sale; that would translate to 150 dollars... but of course not! I have 93 in my pocket after tipping the busboys. I basically ended up forty dollars short of what I should have made. There was a glitch that happened earlier today that I think caused the shortage. I brought it up tonight and the manager said to check back in the morning. I have to wait until they run all the reports and see if extra cash ends up in either the cashier's drawer or the manager's drawer. I'm a little irked. It was a long night and I earned every damn penny.

I thought I would have been home an hour ago. I had plans to laundry and such. I just want to crawl in to my bed at this point.

10-19- Friday
-85.40 -cellphone

Subtotal: -85.40

Tips: +93.00

Total: +7.60

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Wow, that is kinda a high cell phone bill. I have a lot of respect for you though, being a waitress. I know that can be a very demanding job. Good luck with the tippers!

SavingDiva said...

I hope the extra $40 came out of the wood work!

E.C. said...

I'll second both the comment on the high cell phone bill and the respect for waitresses. My mom's been working at the same pizza place for decades, and I've seen how tough the job can be.

VixenOnABudget said...

Waitressing is definetly an ungrateful job.

As for my cell bill, one of my goals for November is to find a new one or go pay-as-you-go. I have like eleven thousand roll over minutes because I NEVER use my cell.