Thursday, October 4, 2007

Impending Debt

I'm rather happy that I only had one expense today. I bring snacks and whatnots with me to school, but I'm there from 12 to 10pm. Hence, I like to grab some real food at some point. Bean, rice and cheese burritos are only 1.09. I then proceed to load them up with the pico de gallo, cilantro and avocado salsa that is at the salsa bar. Mmmm.

On a VERY good note, my financial aid finally went through and the check gets sent on the tenth. I don't qualify for grants and hence my money is in the form of student loans. Fortunately, I did my GEs and lower division courses at a city college. Furthermore, I'm going to a State University and the cost is reasonable.

I retract that statement. The fact that I'm going to be five grand in debt by May of next year freaks me out. Even better, I will be ten grand in debt by May of 2009.

10-04- Thursday
2.36 - fast food (dinner at school)
Total: -2.36

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't feel so bad. I left undergrad with ~$20k in student loan debts and another $10k in credit card and personal loans from my dad. This is a time to invest in yourself and your future earnings potential. Look at it that way! :)

VixenOnABudget said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I know it's not a BAD form of debt considering it is an investment in my education; it still scares the hell out of me though. No matter what I do, my net worth is going to keep going down every year.