Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Grocery Mishap.

That was odd. I just typed up an entire post and it got deleted. Grrr.

Anyhow, my post was over the fact that on Sunday, I had been charged 2.99 a pound for the Roma Tomatoes I had bought instead of the sale price of eighty eight cents. It wasn't worth my time to drive back to the grocery store and receive thirty five cents back (I was rang up fifty one cents when it should have been sixteen or so cents). I ended up calling the grocery store and talking to the supervisor. I very politely and saccharine sweetly informed her that her checkers may possibly be ringing up the tomatoes incorrectly. I didn't want my money back, but I wanted to make sure that others weren't overpaying as well.

On a side note, the girl who rang me up was really rude. I resisted telling the supervisor that.

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I think you should have told the supervisor the cashier was rude! She works in a service industry...they're supposed to be nice (yes, I was a grocery cashier in high school).

VixenOnABudget said...

My first job out of high school was in a grocery store!

I figure that I'll give the girl the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she was having a bad day? Eh?