Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Still sticking to your resolutions?

We all made resolutions for the new year, but are you still sticking to them? I want to search for some sort of public poll done that surveys people as to how long they keep their resolutions for. Like last month, let's take a look at mine:


Create, tweak and come up with a functioning budget: I came up with a budget for last month. I still haven't even reviewed it and it is four days into this month. While I'm happy I took a mid-month look at it, I'm disappointed that I haven't taken the time to review it or develop another one for this month. I really need to prioritize my time and devote more to personal finance. I'm making a promise to myself to make a Version 2.0 in the next 24 hours. Grade: C-


Keep all receipts: I've actually started getting pretty good at this one. I've been religiously tucking receipts away and using my debt card for everything. If I spend cash, I don't remember at all. Grade: A


Have two thousand invested in a high-interest savings account: This is by far the goal I kicked ass at last month! I put half my tax refund right into savings and bumped it up to almost a thousand. Now I just need to open an ING or Emigrant account and keep saving. Grade: A+


Credit Cards paid off: I'm steadily working away at this one. I moved from one-third paid off to over 42% this month. 300 more dollars will go to it this month. Grade: A


Invest 500 into wardrobe: I lumped clothes and auto fund into one for my budget. I used up the entirety of that last month. So far, fifty spent on clothes this year. Grade: D


Develop dietary and exercise plan that fits my schedule: I started the month out strong, but about a week and a half ago, everything fell by the wayside. I've been so ridiculously busy with classes and work. I really need to prioritize this better. I've been good about making healthier choices, but haven't gone to the gym in a week and a half. Grrr! Grade: C

1 comment:

Debt Dieter said...

I've been working towards mine, and making some progress. I've paid off two of the 4 cards I wanted to close out this year, and increased my pre-tax retirement to 3%, which was one of my goals.