Thursday, January 31, 2008

Never Too Young To Know Your Credit History.

While I wasn't willing to shell out money to find out my credit score, I haven't checked my credit report in eons. Using recommendations over at The Simple Dollar, I went with annualcreditreport.com. All I had to fill out was my name, date of birth, social security number, and previous address. Next, I clicked on using Equifax and was asked two questions regarding my auto loan (who it was through and what category my payment fell into). Voila! I had my credit report right there.

Here's what I learned:

I rock!

Well, more like, I make all my payments on time. Even though I'm only 21, I already have three years and five months of perfect credit history. Nothing outstanding; no stolen identity; nothing to worry about. Well, besides my debt ratio to available credit. Basically, I have a little over 13k for my auto loan and another 5k pulled out for school. I'm not worried over the school debt as it is subsidized and is GOOD debt. As for my auto loan, as soon as I pay off my credit cards, I'm throwing everything at it. Furthermore, I don't have too many credit inquiries nor do I have too many open lines of credit. For the record, I only have three credit cards. I may possibly go down to just two.

I'm happy. Now, off to class I go!